Search & Win

Sunday, July 20, 2008

I've Got News For You!


This is Christopher's latest phrase - right along with "Check this out!" I think he feels really big when he uses these phrases. When he says he has news for us, it usually means he's got something he wants to show or tell us - it's not used in a sarcastic way or in response to what someone says he doesn't agree with, as we would use it. It's so cute - I just couldn't resist writing about it!

Something else that's fairly new in his little life is that he has graduated from the "baby" car seat to a "Big Boy" booster seat! A few weeks ago, we started keeping a little 13-month-old boy 3-4 nights a week while his Daddy works. I used to teach with the little boy's grandmother, which is how we got this opportunity! Anway, Cobh (the baby) goes with us to church on Wednesday and Saturday nights, so we needed an extra car seat. Now that Christopher is finally over the 30-pound mark (just barely - at 32 pounds), he's big enough for a booster seat! We took him to Target and let him pick out his own seat. He, um..."seat tested" (wink, wink) quite a few before he found one he loved. Unfortunately, they were all out of that one. So, after a little more testing, he found his next best favorite! ;) The picture below is him sitting proudly in his new seat in Mommy's car! As you can see, he gets to use an actual seat belt now, which he can unbuckle on his own and get out just like Mommy & Daddy! He can't buckle it himself yet - but that's coming. He's pretty good about keeping it buckled until the car is turned off (which is how we explained the rule to him)!

His new seat is on the opposite side of the car from his other seat (which is anchored in), so he gets a new view from this seat - and was completely amazed by it at first! "I'm way up higher, Mommy! I can see the grass by the road!" were his first remarks about sitting in his new seat! Now, when we go somewhere without Cobh, Christopher gets to pick which seat he sits in (slight power trip for him)! Usually he picks the big boy seat, but every once in awhile, he picks the baby seat! :)

In other "check this out" news, Christopher has a new-found love of helping in the kitchen! He loves helping put the dishes away from the dishwasher. Right now, he's just responsible for the non-sharp utensiles (spoons, forks, & butter knives) - but as he gets older, his responsibility will increase! We can't wait -and I hope he always shows such excitement for this job!

What's better than cleaning up the kitchen? Getting it dirty in the first place, of course! Christopher also loves to help us cook - and to reap the rewards afterwards - especially if Mommy is baking a cake or brownies! :) His favorite kitchen duty? Cleaning up the spoon while the brownies are in the oven!


This post has been somewhat of a rambling...thanks for indulging me! I've been trying to keep up and do a post a day (though I've missed a few here and there) - and there's a lot of everyday moments that I've been meaning to post, but just haven't gotten around to posting until now. I hope you don't mind. I'm really enjoying this blogging thing - so glad my friend Terri encouraged me to do it! I hope you enjoy reading as much as I enjoy posting! Thanks so much to those who leave comments and/or email me! I love hearing from you, too!

No comments: