Search & Win

Sunday, September 28, 2008

FIREPROOF







If you have not already seen the movie FIREPROOF, I highly recommend you go see it as soon as possible. It is only supposed to be in theaters until Thursday, unless something happens (i.e. ticket sales) which causes the theaters to keep it longer! I personally think every person over the age of 12 should see this movie, particularly married couples and single adults who hope to get married some day. Some of the scenes are a little too intense for young children (nothing inappropriate, just intense emotional stuff), so if you have young or immature children, I suggest you get a babysitter.

David and I went with our Bible and Life Group (also known as BLG and Sunday School) today and it was amazing. Kirk Cameron plays the lead role - a firefighter who risks his life to save strangers, but isn't willing to put forth much effort to save his marriage. That is, until he embarks on a "Love Dare" from his father. This is one of those movies that takes you through the whole range of emotions! Be sure to bring your tissues, but also be ready to laugh. One of my favorite lines from Steel Magnolias says it best, "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." There will definately be tears, laughter, and even some intense action drama for the guys!

This movie was made by the same people who made Facing The Giants. I haven't seen that movie, but I've heard great things about it, and if this movie is any indication, then I plan to see it first chance I get!

If you are interested in finding out more, you can click on a link in the "widget" above. You can see a trailer of the movie, or learn more about it. And if you get the chance, please take the time to see this while it's still in the theaters. I know, money is tight for everyone (we haven't seen a movie in the theaters since...hmmm, I don't know when - it's been that long!)...but this one is definately a must-see! :)

No comments: