Search & Win

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tagged by Teri


I have been tagged by my friend Teri to share the following information with you:

  1. Where did you meet? In the singles group at church
  2. How long did you date? Officially...just a little more than a month, but we were friends for about 2 years before that...actually, when I think about it, we didn't really "date" - it was more like courting! :) We spent a lot of time together with our group of mutual friends from church...it was only in that month or so between our "first date" and our engagement that we were descerning the possibility of marriage. :)
  3. How long have you been married? 6 years this past September
  4. What does he say that surprises you? That I'm beautiful
  5. What is your favorite feature of his? His loving eyes, sweet smile, happy laughter, and his strong, loving arms (oh...was I supposed to pick just one?)
  6. What is your favorite quality of his? There are so many, it would take forever to list the all...but if you were to take a peek at the "Most Important Qualities in my Future Husband" list that I prayed over during my single years, you'd soon see that God created David according to that list...David loves God with all his heart, mind, & soul; he is the spiritual head of our household, he loves me unconditionally, and he is an amazing father! God is sooo good! :)
  7. Does he have a nickname for you? Sweetheart/Honey
  8. What is his favorite color? red
  9. What is his favorite food? Seafood, particularly salmon
  10. What i his favorite sport? Chicago Cubs baseball (it's the only one he watches)
  11. When and where did you first kiss? On March 30, 2002 after the worship service, at the fountain in the courtyard of our church, just after he asked me to marry him (and I said yes)! :)
  12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Go to amusement parks...particularly Universal Studios, since that's where we started to see each other as more than "just friends"
  13. Do you have any children? Yes, Christopher (4) & we are praying God will bless us with more children in the near future! :)
  14. Does he have a hidden talent? He's very good at building things out of wood...he can imagine it and then create it - no plans or anything! He built the most amazing movie cabinet/book shelf I have ever seen - from nothing more than the image in his head and a few items from Home Depot! :)
  15. How old is he? About 9 years older than me (we're both at that stage where we'd rather not tell our actual age! Ha! Ha!) Let's just say we were both alive when man first walked on the moon...but only one of us was old enough to remember it! ;)
  16. Who said, "I love you" first? Don't really remember...but I love the fact that we both say it to each other several times during the day, and always before we leave each other's presence!
  17. What is his favorite type of music? Country & Contemporary Christian
  18. What do you admire most about him? That he usually thinks things through before acting - he RESPONDS to things, rather than REACTING to them like I sometimes do!
  19. Do you think he will read this? Ordinarily, I'd say no...but since he saw me typing it & I wouldn't tell him what I was typing, then probably yes! :) Love you, sweetie! ;)

I tag my friends Rhonda, Kelly, Kim, Cherie, & Amanda! I'll be checking your blogs, girls! ;) I can't wait to read all about you & your hubby! God bless!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Great job! You've got yourself a wonderful fella!

Jennifer said...

Love hearing your story, and I love the photo, too. Thanks for sharing!

Jen

The Patterson Family said...

Hi friend!
Listening to your story brings me back to when it all happened...seems like forever ago and yesterday all at the same time. It's neat to hear about you and David. It's funny though too, how much our hubbies are alike. I was tagged last week too but have been a slacker and not posted yet. I'll see what you think, maybe you will agree?.? All I know is that I am so grateful for the man God gave me, His perfect choice! I see you feel the same. Love you friend. I was praying for you today.

Teri said...

Time for a new post, sister!